Saturday, December 27, 2014

Hey Kids, Christmas!

This is me, Christmas of 1984. A pretty good haul, though since I never played Dungeons & Dragons I'm not sure why Santa left that for me.

More exciting for this blog's purposes is the issue of Blue Devil sitting next to me. A close-up reveals its Blue Devil #9, on sale in November of that year:
My parents never bought me comics (they could have never figured out what I had), so I must have been carrying this with me at all times that day. That sounds like me.


2 comments:

Earth 2 Chris said...

Nice Rob! It's so great to see pics like this.

Oddly enough, a year or so after this, I got the original Mayfair DC RPG, and never actually got to play it. Some friends and I made a campaign, but it fell apart before it even began. Sigh.

Chris

Bryan W. Frazier said...

That " G " on the cover of the issue underneath of the Blue Devil # 9 looks to be from an issue of the Thing !!