Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Comics on A Clothesline - 1941

sg
Another vintage photo I found online, another newsstand so well-stocked it makes my mouth water (am I weird for saying that?).

Here's a close-up of the books on sale. In the center is Superman #10, which was on sale March of 1941. You can also see issues of Blue Beetle, Master Comics, Action Comics, and All-Star Comics:
sg
If, when I was a kid, there was a place like this near me, I would've spent all my time there. Apparently you could get some comics, a soda, a sandwhich--and it seemed like the place was open to the air, so you could enjoy all those items on a beautiful sunny day, just hanging out.

My Dad was around eight in March 1941. Sometimes I envy him his childhood...


2 comments:

Sean Howe said...

...and isn't that World's Finest #1 up there, too?

Stroller Diaper said...

Thanks for sharing.