Saturday, May 10, 2008

I Am "It"

sg
"Tag--now it is you who are it."

I have been tagged by one of those internet memes
by my pal Pierre, of Frankensteinia fame, where I have to turn to the nearest book, turn to page 123, locate the fifth sentence, and then post the next three sentences on your blog, and then tag five other people.

Like Pierre, normally I don't go in for these things, but this one sounded different and weird, and in any case I find it hard to turn down Pierre, since I'm afraid he'd send The Monster down to Jersey after me.

So here goes:

The nearest book: Universal Horrors, Second Edition, by Tom Weaver, Michael Brunas, and John Brunas

Sentences: By January, the reliable John L. Balderston was commissioned to write an original treatment with a finished script by William Hurlbut (who penned 1930's The Cat Creeps) and mystery writer Edmund Pearson.

(The latter contribution's appears to be negligible as his name doesn't appear on the official credits.)

With the crucial casting of Boris Karloff and Colin Clive secure, the studio turned to Valerie Hobson, whom the studio was working heavily, for the role of Elizabeth.


...how weird is it that the chapter from the book I happened to see first is about The Bride of Frankenstein?

Anyway, now I'm supposed to "tag" five other people whose blogs I like, so here goes:

Adama of Dispatches From The Arrowcave

Brian of Plaid Stallions

Charles of Electorama

Swinebread of Atomic Romance

Siskoid of Siskoid's Blog of Geekery

...ok, fellas, have at it!

2 comments:

Pierre Fournier said...

Very nice how a random game circled back to Frankenstein. Thanks for participating, Rob. I'll be checking the poor suckers you tagged. Its a fun way to discover new blogs!

Swinebread said...

Well I just happened to have actual novel by my computer