Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hey Kids! Wants You

sg I don't spend a lot of time worrying about how popular any of my blogs are--I do them mostly to entertain myself, and I'm grateful even if just one other person reads what I'm doing--but despite that I do thoroughly enjoy all the comments and contributions I get.

But I happen to go looking the other day, and I see that Hey Kids! Comics' hits are up--way up. This blogs gets almost as many hits as my most popular one, The Aquaman Shrine, even though the Shrine has been around since October 2006 and has been mentioned in Entertainment Weekly and other stuff. Somehow, Hey Kids! has managed to attract nearly as big an audience, all by its lonesome.

I assume that's because of the quality of stories presented here--I'm absolutely thrilled at the stuff sent to me--the passion, the warmth on display in these stories make me realize my initial assumption about the site--that many people feel the same away about comics as I do--was correct. But I had no idea people's stories would be so well written and compelling.

But I have noticed that the stories tend to come from a small handful of folks, a tiny fraction of the audience that I know is out there. So I think its a good time to mention again that this blog takes stories from anyone--Hey Kids! is a not a "closed shop"--and the wider, most divergent POVs we have, the better.

So if anyone reading this has a story they'd like to share(even if it's appeared somewhere else, like another blog) please feel free to email me at namtab29@comcast.net--I know we'd all like to read them!

2 comments:

CaptainJersey said...

I was going to share a story about how Team Americe Number 1 changed my life, but I realized I would be delving into Fan Fiction!

Come on everybody, tell us your stories!!!

George Rears

rob! said...

>>I was going to share a story about how Team Americe Number 1 changed my life, but I realized I would be delving into Fan Fiction!<<

oh no, no, captain, you have to write that up! :)